Ministry Spotlight for March 16
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” —John 13:34-35, ESV
It is now the third week since the Russians invaded Ukraine, and the situation remains dire for people who are trapped in-country. The invaders continue to block and destroy escape routes, stopping evacuation attempts regardless of the loss of innocent lives—the citizens of Mariupol are among those, and their suffering is acute.
Your prayers and support are delivering help and hope each day. Our distribution of food packages continues, thanks to our School Without Walls (SWW) teams who are bravely risking travel on the roads to deliver urgently needed food and other humanitarian aid to Kiev and other locations where resources are urgently needed.
I ask that you please support this lifeline as you are able because food is urgently needed for refugees and people who are trapped by Russian forces:
- $50 helps provide one Ukrainian family with enough food for a week.
- $50 helps provide a refugee family with food, Scripture, and shelter.
The UN reports that, as of today, more than three million people have fled Ukraine. As many as 500 evacuees are receiving around-the-clock help each day at our refugee assistance centers, two in Poland and one in Moldova, alongside those of many other organizations and churches.
Yet even in the midst of so much suffering and senseless violence, it is encouraging to see our faithful SWW teams, an army of volunteers, receive the ongoing support and prayers from partners like you . . . it is like seeing the love of Christ in action and it restores my spirit and those of the people we are helping. I thank you . . . and I thank God for you.
Please unite with us in prayer and ask God to:
- Transform the invader’s hearts, to fill them with His love and stop the attacks.
- Continue to use Mission Eurasia to deliver the hope of the gospel and urgently needed food and humanitarian aid to those who are hungry and afraid.
- Protect Mission Eurasia staff and volunteers as they brave the roads to deliver food and other life-saving resources to people who are trapped in Ukraine.